I spend a lot of time dispensing sewing and dressmaking tips so I thought I’d collate a few into a list to share… here goes
- Always read through all of the instructions first and measure twice….or even three times and cut once.
- Position yourself in front of the sewing machine so the needle lines up to your tummy button, no more backaches.
- Sew for 20 mins. then get up walk or do something different then back to sewing.
- There’s no sewing police so cut and style as you see fit.
- If you’re angry, cross or tired, put the sewing down and do something else otherwise it will come out in your sewing.
- Walk away if things start to go wrong and go back to it later.
- Don’t bite thread, use scissors, it’s tougher that you think.
- Wash your hands before you handle the fabric.
- Before you sew on a machine, do a tester to check the tension.
- Learn how to set the tension on your machine! Not sure how to do that? Read this https://craftybaba.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/understanding-sewing-machine-tension/
More tips coming soon!